The general purpose of the Association is to promote sharing of information among members and to provide a unified voice for the expression of programmatic needs. To achieve such purpose, the Association seeks the following objectives:
- Encourage the development and enhancement of a coordinated and unified network on aging in the Southeast.
- Advocate actions and education to increase visibility and credibility of the aging network.
- Provide a unified group of voices to congress, AoA, the public/private sectors, the National Coalition of Aging Organizations, and other significant groups or individuals in communicating issues on behalf of older Americans.
- Support and enhance the work of Area Agencies on Aging and their state associations.
- Design and implement specialized training to strengthen and enhance the Southeast Aging Network.