SE4A offers two different opportunities for training staff.
SE4A is proud to announce the launch of the new collaborative training project called SE4A University. This partnership between SE4A and Boston University launched on May 15, 2012.
After months of planning, the SE4A University began on Tuesday May 15th with the first of several orientation and kick-off webinars. We believe that the SE4A University will provide our members, and our service provider organizations, with the tools and knowledge necessary for us to stay at the forefront of innovation and change. We are excited to be partnering with Boston University’s Institute for Geriatric Social Work (IGSW) to bring this unique and cost effective training opportunity for your staff and other providers in our aging network.
We want to let you know about important issues and upcoming events related to the May 15th launch:
- Download the Program Overview, participant enrollment forms, available courses, and other related documents for more detail.
- Review the Training Implementation Guide (if you’ve already received one), and the attached recommended Training Timeline. The timeline can be adjusted to better meet your agency & staff’s schedules.
- In order to get the most out of the SE4A University training, you should: Identify an Agency Training Liaison that will work with the state Program Manager and IGSW to help ensure that this is an easy process for you and your staff (see the attached description of the Training Liaison). Set clear expectation for your staff on when they need to start and complete their online training.
- At a minimum, IGSW strongly recommends that the 3 core courses you’ve selected for your staff are all done within a 4 – 5 month time frame from when participants begin their training.
- Below are dates for webinars that will tell you what you need to do to successfully implement SE4A University. These webinars are open to enrolled participants, as well as staff and service provider organizations that want to learn more about the SE4A University’s Training Programs. Other dates will be announced. Please mark these down and be sure to participate!
- Wednesday May 30th at 10:00 AM EST; and again at 2:00 PM EST
- Thursday June 14th at 10:00 AM EST; and again at 2:00 PM EST
- Wednesday June 27th at 10:00 AM EST; and again at 2:00 PM EST
- SE4A University is open to anyone who provides service and support to SE4A’s older adults and persons with disabilities population. The initial cost of $250 per participant for SE4A members; $275 per participant for non-member (non-profit) providers; and $300 per participant for non-member (for profit) organizations includes 5 online courses and approximately 20 hours of training.
There will be more webinar details, and dates to follow.
Annual Training Conference
SE4A sponsors an annual training conference that rotates from state to state. The conference is designed to provide training opportunities for Area Agency on Aging staff and staff in provider agencies. The conference rotation for the next eight years is:
Rotation list by state
Please see the attached Toolkit that will assist in planning the SE4A conference.
Conference Workshop Presentations
Copies of plenary and workshop presentations have been provided for you. Not all are available. Locate a specific presentation by using the code (M3 or T11) from the Conference Agenda at a Glance and the workshop name.
Browse SE4A Conference 2012 presentations now.